- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup peppers and onion mix (frozen)
- can of mixed veggies (no salt added), drained
- can of diced tomatoes (no salt added), undrained
- pouch of brown gravy mix
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 pouch mashed potatoes
- shredded Parmesan (optional)
Add can of diced tomatoes and gravy pouch. I added the same amount of water that the pouch of gravy asked for. Stir in spices and let it simmer for about 5 minutes. This way it was kind of soupy at the end, which was good but I was expecting more of a stewy sauce. Next time, I may use less water or even make the gravy before and adding it already thick. Add the mixed veggies and transfer to a 2 qt casserole dish. (I sprayed the dish beforehand just to be sure.)
Top with the mashed potatoes and parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes.
Yummmmmy. Like I said before, I would like the sauce a little more thick but the flavor was PERFECT.
This stew was FABULOUS. Make it. and sooon.
- 1/2 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Tb taco seasoning (I make my own of chili powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin and coriander)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1-15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1-14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup corn kernels (it says frozen but I used canned...)
- 1 cup medium salsa
- sour cream, for garnish