So, now that I'm caught up to about mid-May...I'll catch you up the rest of the way. For the two weeks following Mother's day...I went on a salad diet. I had been eating too much lately and not enough veggies. Plus, I wanted to "jump-start" our weight loss again since I'd been plateauing. So, for two weeks straight, I had nothing but salad for dinner. I mixed up the protein source: using chicken, fish, turkey and tofu or beans.
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained (but not rinsed!)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) vegetarian refried beans
- 1 can (10 oz) Ro*Tel tomatoes, partially drained
- 1 Tb. taco seasoning (I used my own homemade - chili powder, cumin, cayenne, garlic powder and onion powder)
- 1/3 cup (+/-) 2% milk cheese, cheddar or mexican blend
- 12 fajita size flour tortillas