A while back, I created and submitted a recipe to Foodbuzz's Tastemaker program using Newman's Own ingredients. To my surprise, my recipe was actually chosen! It was just bad timing that I received my package the weekend I was sick as a dog with both strep and flu and then I had to fly out to Utah to see my Grandma. So this weekend was the first chance I had to shoot my video.
I do have to say that I was extremely nervous doing this video. I wasn't until that red light came on and then I just couldn't speak properly. And the fact that the director and producer kept trying to show you my face instead of the food. What is that about? Anyway, enjoy and remember that I am a beginner. :) If you don't want to watch the video or are too busy laughing at my speaking problems to write down the recipe, it's after the video.
Vegetarian Meatball Calzones
- 1 ball prepared pizza dough (found in the bakery or deli section of most grocery stores)
- 1 cup organic shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8-10 meatless meatballs (found frozen in natural foods or vegetarian foods section)
- 1/2-1 cup any Newman's Own pasta sauce (depending on how much sauce you like)
- 3/4 cup frozen bell pepper mix, or 1 large bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 large egg beaten with about 2 tsp water to make an egg wash
Disclosure: I received Newman's Own products and a Flip video camera from Foodbuzz and Newman's Own to make the recipe and record the video with. The opinions expressed are my own.