Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Peas and Thank You Doughballs

I am in full MOVING swing this week. I've packed 3/4 of the stuff into boxes. And I've had to open boxes a million times to find my shampoo, can opener, pizza pan, and other various essentials. Needless to say, the food in my kitchen has not been phenomenal lately. Or even photographed. But a couple weeks ago, I finally took my shot at some doughballs from one of my favorite blogs. And in honor of the book being released today (EEK!), I thought I'd share these lovelies.


Snickerdoodle Doughballs
from Peas and Thank You
makes about 24 doughballs
  • 3/4 cup vegan margarine (I use Earth Balance)
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup organic sugar*
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup unbleached flour
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1-3 tsp soymilk
  • Cinnamon and sugar to coat


*Organic sugar is important to note because it isn't as sweet as regular sugar.


Blend together margarine, sugars, salt, vanilla, flours, and cream of tartar. It may seem like it won't come together at first but just be patient.


The final dough will be crumbly but can form balls. Add milk as needed but be sure not to add too much. I added 2 tsp and that's what made my balls flatter than Mama Pea's.


Still beyond tasty, though. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture and place on a prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes.

Nutritional information (per doughball): 103 calories, 6g fat, 12g carbs, 1g protein

Freakin yum. The balls are nice and doughy and taste even more fabulous when cooled. Which, trust me, is almost impossible to let them do.


I am so. beyond. excited. for this to be on my doorstep tonight or tomorrow. I pre-ordered it in MARCH. Because I'm a stalker. BUY IT NOW.

0 comments:

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates