Thursday, July 28, 2011

"Clean out the Fridge" Bowls

Moving sucks.


Everything is in boxes, food choices are limited, eating utensils are paper and plastic, "routine" is nonexistent, to do lists are never-ending, and I'm constantly tired.  But in an effort to clean out the vegetables in my fridge and keep dinner in one pan, I discovered an easy, delicious meal. I may just have to do this on purpose next time.


"Clean out the Fridge" Bowls
serves 2
  • 2 medium potatoes
  • 1 large zucchini squash
  • 2 small yellow squash
  • 6 mushrooms
  • 2 links veggie sausage (I used TJ's Sausageless Italian Sausage)
  • 1 Tb. olive oil, divided
  • 2 tsp Italian seasoning, divided
  • Salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 425F. Roast potatoes using 1.5 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.


Chop zucchini, squash, and mushrooms. Slice sausage into bite size pieces.


Toss veggies and sausage with remaining 1.5 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.


About 20 minutes into roasting the potatoes, add the veggies and sausage into the mix. Roast for an additional 20 minutes and serve.

Nutritional information (for 1/2): 418 calories, 14.5g fat (2g sat), 55g carbs (8.5g fiber), 22.5g protein

You would not believe how much food that is, either. Those are not the tiny little paper bowls. It's a very satisfying, filling, and refueling meal. Perfect for moving or any other hectic time!

It's been a while since I've updated y'all on my weight loss progress...




That's in just over two months, folks. BALLER. I updated the About Me page to include the first half of this year and there, I highly attribute my current weight loss success to weight lifting. And I cannot rave enough. I started small (about 25 lbs) and just keep adding weight and reps as I get stronger. Here is my current workout, just so you can get an idea of how simple it is.


This is a new approach to weight lifting for me since I've long been victim to the high reps, low weights jabber that women get to avoid "building muscle". I can honestly say that that never worked for me. I always had flab, never looked toned and never really felt stronger. While I have gained noticeable muscle, it doesn't look bad at all! Muscle looks different on women than it does men so those who are scared to pick weights in fear that they'll look like Arnold, have no fear!

Another thing I have noticed from changing the way I lift is that the weight is finally coming off in the right places. Even as I lost weight before, I never felt that it was actually making me look better, not just smaller.

In other news, Mama Pea showed up on my doorstep last night right as I was heading out for a run. Sadly, not the real-life woman, but in book form...which is still pretty cool!

I was a little excited. Since the move, I haven't had much time to completely absorb the book but I did thumb through it to find a margarita smoothie, jambalaya, and blackberry cinnamon rolls. OH. MY. PEAS. (buyitnow)

How do you feel about moving?
I would like to find just. one. person. who enjoys it. I know that's impossible. 


Do you lift weights or have a weight routine?
Tell me, tell me! I want to steal your ideas. 

0 comments:

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates