I had alot of fun making last night's Tuscan Tortellini soup and I have some free time so I figured I'd share! Keep in mind, I was cooking for two and made some adjustments for preference so it's not exactly like the linked recipe but it's dangerously close. ;)
Tuscan Soup with Tortellini
from Food Network's "Sandra's Money Saving Meals"
- 1 Tb. olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 can diced tomatoes (supposed to be half a can but we LOVE tomatoes!)
- 1/2 bag (8 oz) frozen Italian mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Tb. Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder (supposed to be a chopped onion but I forgot and I was out)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 bag (8 oz) frozen tortellini
Add the beef broth followed by the water. Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the tortellini. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the tortellini and let simmer until the tortellini is cooked, another 5 minutes.
Ladle into bowls and serve with Herbed Focaccia.