Shepherd's Pie is supposed to use up the leftovers you have in your fridge. Except, I'm not one for leftovers. Normally they get forgotten about and thrown away after two weeks. It's almost always a waste of food to me. So, my shepherd's pie is always premeditated. This was one of my favorite meals before becoming vegetarian so I'm really glad I was able to translate it over for a yummy meal that is comforting and easy to prepare.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
makes 2 cups
- 4 small russet potatoes, about 1 lb.
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 Tb. butter or margarine
Wash, peel, and dice the potatoes.
- 1 recipe garlic mashed potatoes
- 6 oz vegetarian meat crumbles
- 1 cup pepper and onion frozen mix
- 10 oz frozen mixed veggies, cooked
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained (14 oz)
- 1 cup vegetarian gravy (Imagine makes a great organic carton)
- 1 Tb. chili powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tb. Parmesan
(95%) ground beef, while most people would use 1/2 pound or 8 oz because it's easier.
Any suggestions? How do you motivate yourself to workout in the winter?