I am quickly falling in love with this taco filling. Once again, this something that was made because I had extra produce on hand and needed to do something with it. I am recently discovering that this mix can be used for many things! My favorite is topping for a taco salad, but in a burrito and as a dip are up there too. Plus, it's so easy, it shouldn't even really be considered a recipe!
Fabulous Do-Everything Taco Filling
- 2/3-1 cup kidney beans, cooked (depending on how much is leftover from the previous dish in my case...)
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup corn, or 2 corn on the cobs, cooked and kernels cut off
- 2 Tb. taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
Spray a nonstick skillet with spray. Add green pepper and cook 2-3 minutes. Add beans, corn, taco seasoning and broth/water. Bring to a boil and let simmer 1-2 minutes or until liquid has thickened.
Nutritional Information (using 1 cup beans): 130 calories, 1 g fat (0.2 g sat), 5.7 g fiber, 6.4 g protein
Vegetarian Taco Salad
- Versatile taco filling
- 2 oz tortilla chips (number of chips depends on type - read the bag)
- 2 cups lettuce (I cut it chiffonade because it's easiest and looks gorgeous!)
- 1 avocado (6 oz fruit)
- 1/2 cup LF Mexican blend cheese
- Salsa and sour cream