Thursday, June 30, 2011

Chili Lime Sweet Potato Wedges

I was so excited to try my first idea for Alexia's "Reinvent a Classic" program. And of course my first try had to be with sweet potatoes...because I'm obsessed. Don't worry Yukon, you'll get your shot too. And I'll try to be fair. ;)


Chili Lime Sweet Potato Wedges
serves 2
  • 2 large sweet potatoes
  • 2 Tb. lime juice
  • 2 Tb. olive oil
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp cumin

To make wedges, I always choose really round potatoes without a lot of curves. 


Preheat oven to 450F. Chop off the ends to make flat surfaces. Cut each potato in half lengthwise.


Lay each half on one of the ends and cut in half. Cut each half into 3 wedges.  


Toss wedges in oil and lime juice. Coat with seasonings. (I sprinkled them on afterwards on the pan but that made the pan all black with excess spices...so don't do that. ;) lol)


Bake for 15 minutes. Flip wedges and bake an additional 10 minutes. You may get worried when they're "black" but it's not a bad black! It's the lime juice caramelizing. Which is definitely a good thing! ;)


I could definitely taste the lime juice and thought it was delicious! I used these babies as a "bed" for my black beans and corn, adding some sour cream and salsa...


In case you were wondering, black beans + sweet potatoes is one of my favorite. combinations. ever. And throwing everything into one big bowl may seem weird but it's ridiculously delicious! I'm a big fan of the one bowl concept

Are you a throw-everything-in-one bowl person or does it gross you out?

For more information on Alexia's "Reinvent a Classic" program and to give your input (yes please!!), see this post.

Disclosure: Alexia Foods has provided me with product coupons and monetary compensation for my participation in this program.


3 comments:

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Ok, I scrolled through to see which fry creations you have come up with, and this one is my favorite! I will have to try it--the addition of lime sounds amazing!
:)

Anonymous said...

Аfter lookіng at a fеw οf the aгtіcleѕ on
уour web ρage, ӏ honestly appгеciate your technіque of writing
a blog. I ѕaνed aѕ a favorіte it to mу bооkmarκ sіtе list аnd wіll be checκing back in the
neaг futuгe. Please ѵisit mу websіte too anԁ lеt me know
how you feel.

Ѕtοp by my ωeblog ... crearfacebook.webs.com

Anonymous said...

Today, I went to the beаch front with my сhildгen.
I found a ѕea shell аnd gavе it to my
4 year old daughteг and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put
the shell to her ear аnd screаmed.
There was a hermіt crab inside and it pіnched heг ear.
Shе never wants to go bacκ! LοL I know
thіѕ is entiгely off topiс but Ӏ
had tο tell someone!

Mу blog: facebook cuenta gratis

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates