I'm a crazy meal planner. Each week the meal plan and grocery list take 2 hours out of my life to ensure that I get the most bang for my buck. (Which I will be doing a post on very soon!) The only problem is that sometimes I just don't want what's on the meal plan. Sometimes I'm a brat and I get a pre-made pizza from Earthfare. Sometimes they are out of pre-made pizzas because, duh, it's a Friday night. Sometimes I have ingenious ideas on how to make my own pizza out of what I have and some pizza dough...and spend half the money.
- 1 batch pizza dough
- 1 can (15oz) vegetarian refried beans
- 1 Tb. taco seasoning
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 3/4 cup Mexican-blend cheese
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen peppers, thawed (or 1 large bell pepper, sliced)
When ordering (or making!) a pizza pie (said in my best Italian accent), do you prefer thick or thin crust?